I have to say, looking back at January last year when we laid out our 2013 plan that included a couple of extra hopefuls for maybe 2015 or 2016, I had no idea how much more we would achieve and just how much more would be achieved so much earlier than expected.
Lets look at some of our achievements as a union in the last twelve months:
· First year of running as a stand alone business – came in on budget.
· Union Learn Fund in England – achieved 18 months target in 12 months.
· February - Affiliated to Scottish Trade Uinion Congress (STUC).
· Received Union Learn Funds from STUC in April and was able to employ Maria Clark as Project Worker.
· Not only did we exceed our STUC targets but we have a commitment from Skills Development Scotland for funds to bring in Modern Apprenticeships to Aegon in March 2014.
· Built our new website.
· November - Skipton Building Society Union (Surge) National Executive Committee (NEC) voted unanimously in favour of transferring into Aegis – current expected date of transfer is 1 June 2014
· Another unions NEC will be voting in May to transfer to Aegis – expected transfer date 1 November 2014
· January 2014 – TUC Union Learn bid for England for 2014/15 approved – funds doubled from last year.
· February 2014 – STUC Union Learning bid for Scotland for 2014/15 approved. – funds doubled from last year
· General Federation of Trade Unions affiliation unanimously accepted – Affiliation starts 1 January 2014. This affiliation provides free courses, travel and accommodation for all Aegis members.
· Roll out of Union Learn in Skipton & Glasgow on 1 May.
I'm absolutely delighted with all these achievements and it’s all down to the very hard work and commitment put in by the full time Aegis team and all of the Aegis union reps and Aegis union learn reps.
Thank you to all of you for making all this possible.